You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
Conflict in AMPS in India:
- Although conflict between different groups in India has been going on for many years it increased after Baba left His physical body in 1990.
- 1990 - 1994 - The present Kolkata administration (K) was dominating the organization, Ac. Sarvatmananda Avt. holding the GS post, the CPB, influencing the PP
- 1994 - first Central Committee Election - block vote and Ac. Sarvatmananda Avt. voted off, looses the GS Post. Ac. Rudrananda Avt. becomes CC member.
- 1994 - Ac. Mantreshvarananda Avt. becomes GS
- 1997 - second Central Committee Election -
- 1999 - second Purodha Board election - elected: Ac. Cidananda Avt,, Ac. Dhruvananda Avt., Ac. Parameshvarananda Avt.
- 2000 (Jan) - GS and Central Workers (Ranchi Admin) leave Tiljala and move to Ananda Nagar
- 2001 - Ac. Dhruvananda Avt. appointed as GS
- 2001 - PP health failing - K wants a consensus President, Ranchi declares Ac. Raghunathjii unilaterally
- 2002 - third Central Committee Election - block vote and K workers are in minority, RN in majority - new CEC is appointed and K workers only get unimportant postings
- 2003 - Ranchi group dominating, K group declares a new Governing Body and files a suit to take control of the organization - the first split happens
- 2003 - the courts tell both groups to maintain status quo until the suit is resolved
- 2003 - 2005 - new conflicts start growing within the Ranchi group - two main factions are created - one led by Ac. Rudrananda Avt. and Ac. Nigamananda Avt., the other one by Ac. Cidananda Avt., Ac. Vandanananda Avt, and others who do not follow R&N.
- R&N control access to the Purodha Pramukha and the GS
- the 3rd Group have the majority in the Purodha Board and the Central Committee
- Ac. Dhruvananda Avt. changes sides according to the pressure - he votes with the Purodha Board and then does not follow through
- 2005 - the Purodha Board assumes command declaring new postings and a new President. Their decisions are not announced. R&N declared that the Purodha Pramukha changed those decisions.
- The GS declares emergency in the organization and only removes it with a compromise that the Purodha Board members withdraw all their previous decisions.
2005 - 2006 - R&N try many times to appoint Ac. Svarupananda Avt. as President but the Central Committee members do not accept. First time they check with the Purodha Pramukha if he has really appointed the President but the PP cannot even confirm that. The second time CC members are not allowed anymore to check with the Purodha Pramukha.
- April 2006 - Meeting of the Central Committee can not happen due to the controversy of who the President is. The meeting ends with the announcement that according to previous resolution the Purodha Board should appoint the President.
- Members of the Purodha Board are prevented by R&N group to meet with the Purodha Pramukha and no therefore no President is appointed by the Board.
- 2006 - 2007 - The Purodha Board is prevented from meeting the Purodha Pramukha, No President is appointed and therefore there are no meetings of the Central Committee
- from then on, R&N Group assume control, appoint their own President, take over the registers from the Central Committee, declare a new Convener, and start calling Meetings which are attended only by their loyals.
- 2007 - 2009 - R&N Group organize new elections for the CC - with their chosen Purodhas
- PP passes away - R&N organize elections for the PP with their chosen Purodhas - most of Purodhas who don't agree with them are either suspended or not called for the election
- R&N group organize elections to take over the Purodha Board with their chosen Purodhas -
- the third group forms out of those who do not agree with R&N and in the end of 2007 call all Purodhas to elect a new Central Committee. Neither K nor R&N come to the election - the New Ananda Marga Central Committee is formed and becomes the third group besides K and Ranchi.
- a number of new court cases get filed to prevent Ranchi Group to take over the whole organization. Their PP is prevented from functioning as well as the Purodha Board.
- All cases are still going on between Kolkata, Ranchi, and the third group (Unity Group) until today
SUMMARY: there are 3 main groups in India disputing the control of the organization with various pending legal cases in the Indian Courts. These are:
1) the Ranchi Group - mostly Bihari workers having Ac. Rudrananda Avt. and Ac. Nigamananda Avt as the main leaders;
2) the Kolkata group - mostly Bengali workers
3) Unity group or Third Group - a mixture of workers from various cultural backgrounds in India, their message is that there should be only one Ananda Marga.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"